Your cart is currently empty!
The Sharpening Kit (56)
$210.00 VAT included (where applicable)
Availability: 3 in stock (can be backordered)
The Sharpening Kit (56) is the newest, wider version of the sharpening kit. (See the pictures to compare)
Due to its bigger sharpening surface will cover most of your sharpening needs.
Like the smaller model, its unique concept of interchangeable acrylic pads makes going through the various grits an absolute breeze. No need to discard the abrasive papers between grits anymore (See the video below). Use one or both sides of the acrylic pads to add more grits in your sharpening routine. The wooden block and the dowels are made of solid oak and they have been impregnated with refined linseed oil at 130°C/266°F. The Sharpening Kit (56) is designed and handcrafted in Sweden and it comes ready to use straight out of the box.
- Solid Oak block (56 x 200 mm) with a finger-pull cove, with 2x stainless steel pins and a non-slip bottom pads
- 3x Interchangeable Acrylic Pads (56 x 200 mm)
- 4x Premium Quality Adhesive-Backed Abrasive Strips (56 x 170 mm) for the Acrylic Pads
- 1x Kangaroo Strop (56 x 170 mm) – Suede side (Attached one of the acrylic pads)
- 1x Oak 15 mm Strop Dowel (15 x 245 mm) Kangaroo Leather – Suede & Smooth sides – Hand-stitched
- 1x Oak 15 mm Dowel for Hook Knife Sharpening
- 4x Premium Quality Adhesive-Backed Abrasive Strips for the Oak dowel (50 x 110 mm)
- 1x Stropping Compound
- 1x Dropper Bottle
If you like to buff your blades without compound after stropping, you might want to add the extra Smooth Kangaroo Strop (56) to your kit.
Find the 56 mm wide abrasive paper strips here.
Note: The premium adhesive backed abrasive that comes with the sharpening kit, has been throughly tested and won’t leave any adhesive residue on the acrylic pads. We cannot although guarantee that the same applies to other brands of adhesive-backed abrasive paper. Please test a small piece of your adhesive-backed abrasive paper on the acrylic first. Do not use nail polish remover or other chemicals to clean the acrylic pad.
See how it works
Send us a message if you have any questions about the product.
Whether you want to learn chip carving or how to carve a spoon and how to keep your tools sharp, we got you covered. Get in touch to book your course.