The Sharpening Kit is a one of the products I’ve designed I’m probably most proud of. It makes sharpening as easy and efficient as it gets due to its unique concept of interchangeable acrylic pads which make jumping through various grits a breeze. Because of the Interchangeable acrylic plates there is no need to discard the abrasive paper of the previous grit in order to go to the next one (See the video below). You can also choose to use one or both of their sides if you wish to add more grits in your sharpening routine. The wooden pad and the dowels are made from oak and they have been impregnated with refined linseed oil at 130º Celsius. The Sharpening Kit is designed and handcrafted in Sweden and it comes ready to use straight out of the box.
- Solid Oak Pad with comfortable Finger-pull Grip (Including 2x Stainless Steel Pins & a non-slip bottom)
- 4x Interchangeable Acrylic Pads
- 6x Premium Quality Adhesive-Backed Abrasive Strips (43 x 170 mm) for the Acrylic Pads
- 1x Kangaroo Leather Strip – Suede side (Comes on one of the Acrylic Pads)
- 1x Oak 15 mm Strop Dowel Kangaroo Leather – Suede & Smooth – Hand-stitched (15 x 245 mm)
- 1x Green Stropping Compound Cube
- 1x Oak 15 mm Dowel for Hook Knife Sharpening
- 6x Premium Quality Adhesive-Backed Abrasive Strips for the Oak dowel (50 x 110 mm)
If you like to buff your blades on leather, after stropping on suede with polishing compound, you probably want to add to your order an extra acrylic pad and an extra kangaroo leather strip (Smooth Side)
The tool roll in the image is not included. You can purchase the tool roll separately here.
Find following the links below:
Please note that occasionally, we might have to swap grits with whatever is in stock at the time of the order.
Note: The premium adhesive backed abrasive we offer has been throughly tested and won’t leave any adhesive residue on the acrylic. We cannot although guarantee that the same applies to other brands of self-adhesive abrasive paper. Please test a small piece of your abrasive on the acrylic first. Do not use nail polish or other chemicals to clean the acrylic pad.
See how it works
A Sharpening Video Tutorial with Will Priestley
Send us a message if you have any questions about the product.