Japanese Spoon Whittling DIY kit
$18.00 VAT included (where applicable)
Make your own spoon using this kit from Japan. The kit contains a roughly shaped wood block to carve from, three grades of sand paper, beeswax and cloth.
A knife to carve the wooden piece is not included but any standard penknife is sufficient to use.
Enjoy creating something unique with your own hands!
Why don’t you make a wooden spoon by hand?
Let’s make an original spoon with cypress. Use a cutter, a knife, and the included sandpaper to create a shape of your own length and thickness and apply the included beeswax to finish it. Uses natural natural ingredients and additive-free beeswax.
Japanese cypress wood original spoon handmade kit. Perfect size for curry and soup. The spoon kit is the most popular of our craft kit products.
MY SPOON KIT contains:
■ Spoon: japanese cypress wood H20cm × W4cm
■ Sandpaper NO-150.240.400.
■ Beeswax for finishing
■ 2 pieces of cloth
* Required tools: a small knife or craft knife
Follow the following steps:
1. First, you decide the shape of a spoon of your preference and draw a line with that shape with a pencil. Let’s cut it along the line with a cutter or a knife. Please be careful not to get injured when using a knife.
2. When the shape is completed to some extent you file it by sandpaper NO.150 until roughness runs out. In particular, the tip of the spoon so that it becomes smooth.
3. Furthermore, you file it with the sandpaper of No 240, 400 until the surface become smooth.
4. After that, please take the beeswax on a cloth and coat it to the extent that you can moisten the entire spoon
5. After a coat of beeswax, wipe off any excess beeswax with the other cloth, leave it for 1 day – 1 day and a half to dry it. After that it’s complete.
Send us a message if you have any questions about the product.
Whether you want to learn chip carving or how to carve a spoon and how to keep your tools sharp, we got you covered. Get in touch to book your course.
There are no reviews yet.